Because she was never an official member of any X-teams, Lila never had a proper superhero costume. However, she sported several different diverse looks over the years, oftentimes while fighting alongside her allies. This gallery highlights a few of her more prominent fashions.
1) When the New Mutants first saw Lila Cheney perform, she sported a sleeveless, open, high-collared leather jacket with flared shoulders, matching leather pants and a white tank-top. She wore this outfit with steel bracers on her wrists, a studded belt, a matching choker and stiletto-heeled boots. Like any true rockstar, Lila was rarely without her red electric guitar. [New Mutants Annual #1]
2) A variant of her first performing outfit featured a leather tailcoat, several loose-hanging belts and tassled boots. [Spellbound #4]
3) Upon returning from her absence in space, Lila wore a pleated, purple miniskirt patterned with black polka dots. She paired this distinctive skirt with a matching purple top of a different pattern. Over this, she wore a leather jacket and gloves, indigo leggings, hoop earrings and a belt and necklace both adorned with matching transluscent gems. While sporting this ensemble, Lila was often whipping up excitement in her high-heeled boots. [Uncanny X-Men (1st series) #269]
4) Lila showed off one of her more "casual" looks while liberating the Mojoverse: waist-high green pants, tan boots, pink sunglasses and tan, sleeveless top that covered her neck. During this era, Lila's hair was cut into a short bob on her right side, but on her left side, her hair was shaved off below the ear. [X-Men (2nd series) #5]
5) Modernizing her look after her return from the Mojoverse, Lila began wearing a black tank-top and black shorts with a metallic, segmented belt. She sported her usual black leather jacket with this outfit, and instead of wearing ankle-high stiletto boots, she opted for a pair of black leather boots that went up past her knees. Lila resurrected her old hoop earrings for this outfit and let her hair grow back into a more symmetrical bob. [X-Force (1st series) #19]